The Software Industry emerged with main focus on development, issues pertaining to Database and Network. With the advancement and complexity in Software, one realizes the need of a crucial intermediate between the developer and the end user which is recognized all over today by Quality Assurance. QA can be the one who performs the testing on his own written code i.e. the developer or the one who is completely dedicated to the testing of the Application either manually or Automatically. Testing has now been recognized as the most crucial part of SDLC, hence there are certain QA Certifications for the testing professionals.
Vendors offering the Software Testing/QA Certifications include some of the biggest names like Mercury/HP, Rational, Empirix, and Seque.
- CSTE: The Certified Software Tester (CSTE) certification reflects your proficiency in the basic principles of Quality control in IT industry.
- CSTP: People new to the Testing field or the ones with the role of leadership or anyone who desires to take up his career in testing are recommended to do Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP). It assists the individuals to enhance their skills in testing. The certification is offered by IIST-International institute of Software Testing.
- CTM: People with over 3 years of experience in Software Testing, ones with experience as Managers, development leads are recommended to hold Certified Test Manager Certification (CTM). It helps to improve skills on test management.
- HP QTP: For the ones working on Quick Test Professional (QTP), this has always been the most popular certification provided by HP. It is conducted in HP Performance based Test centres throughout the world.
- ISTQB: Being an ISTQB Certified tester demonstrates your concept of Software Testing. ISTQB comes in two levels as Foundation and advanced one. There is no prerequisite as far as Foundation level of ISTQB is concerned. You need to complete Foundation level course and attain 3 years of experience in Software Testing to attain Advanced level of ISTQB.
- CMST: The Certified Manager of Software Testing (CMST) certification reflects your ability to handle the project and demonstrate your capability to manage the Software test function.
- CASQ: The Certified Associate in Software Quality (CASQ) certification reflects your ability to hold a basic understanding of testing principles and processes. To be eligible, you must hold a 3 year degree from a reputed institution or a 2 Year degree and 1 year experience in IT or 3 years experience in IT Field.
The above QA Certifications will help you to demonstrate your Testing skills and you must select the appropriate one based on your experience and requirement.
Guest article by Varun Arora.