Why Software Testing Certifications?
1. Companies convince clients by saying that “we have certified QA/Testing team, we assure quality product”.
2. Client requests that only certified people should be there in his project.
And Client is the BOSS, even for any company’s CEO. We need to do what client says. This is the reason testers are doing certifications.
ISEB, ISTQB or CSTE Certification Benefits For the Individual:
- Any Software Testing certification is proof that you’ve mastered a basic skill set recognized worldwide in the Testing arena.
- Software Testing certification can result in more rapid career advancement.
- Results in greater acceptance in the role of an advisor to upper management.
- Assists individuals in improving and enhancing their organization’s software testing programs.
- Motivates personnel having software-testing responsibilities to maintain their professional competency.
ISEB, ISTQB or CSTE Certification Benefits For the Organization:
- Testing Certifications expected to be a ‘change agent’, someone who can change the culture and work habits of individuals to make quality in software testing happen.
- Aids organizations in selecting and promoting qualified individuals
- Demonstrates an individual’s willingness to improve professionally.
- Defines the tasks (skill domains) associated with software testing duties in order to evaluate skill mastery.
- Acknowledges attainment of an acceptable standard of professional competency.